WordPress is an open source content managment system(CMS).We can download and install it and can make our own website by using WordPess(CMS).WordPress is open source software, licensed under the GPL WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog.As it is free,we can edit its code and make our own website using it.
Downloading and Installing WordPress:
- Download and unzip WordPress package(3.4.1) from its website http://wordpress.org/ .
- Create a database for web server.
- Rename thewp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php
- Openwp-config.php in your favorite text editor and fill in your database details.
- Place the WordPress files in the desired location on your web server.
- Run the WordPress installation script by accessingwp-admin/install.php in your favorite web browser.
Note:if you had installed wordpress in wordpress directory,then its path should be http://example.com/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php
That’s it! WordPress should now be installed.You can login to your admin panel through wp-admin/install.php and make changes.Customize the WordPress Website:-
- Changing background image:- appearance >background >choose file>
- Changing Header image:- appearance >header >choose file
- Installing new Plugins or Widgets Plugins:- Download desired plugins or widgets.extract it(right click on folder >extract it). Put the extacted folder in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ . For plugins, goto admin panel >plugins >installed plugins >activate. For widgets plugins,goto admin panel >appearance>widgets. Drag and Drop widgets on right side bar according to your desire. Footers can be added to page by selecting appropriate options on right side bar.
For copywrite © use html special coding “©” (without inverted commas)
For registration ® use html special coding “®” (without inverted commas)
There are many html special codes you can add to your website.
- Installing new Themes:- download desired themes.extract it(right click on folder,extract it).Put the extacted folder in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ .Goto admin panel >appearance >themes >activate.
- For more details read WordPress documentation.
How create a new blog:
Goto Dashboard > My Blog > Create a New Blog > enter url for your new blog 🙂
How to delete a blog:
Goto dashboard > Tools > Select the option from drop down ” Permentely delete the blog name and all content.